Sunday, September 26, 2010

A typical school day. Well, for me anyway (=

The German school system is so much different than in America! For me, I also find it a much better school system. Most days I get to come home for lunch (and stay home till the next day) and that is absolutely awesome! The school system here I also feel is a little bit more laid back. I am not inferring that the course load is less work... because if anything it is more. But, the people and during the school day one is not so stressed out. We have time before periods to make sure to get to our classes on time unlike at home where one practically sprints to the next class.
So, a look at my schedule

Monday:
Stunde 1. English
::::5 minute break::::
2. Math
15 minute break::::
3. Biology
::::5 minute break::::
4. Biology
::::10 minute break::::
5. History
::::5 minute break::::
6. History. (so my school day is over by 1 o, clock (= )


Tuesday.
1. German
::::5 minute break::::
2. German
(see break yesterday)
3. Free period
4. Free period
::::break::::
5. English
6. English
1 hour. 10 minute break
Mittagschule (which basically translates to afternoon school)
7. Sport
8. Sport

So that is just a look at two of my school days, and that is basically very typical for me. I still cant remember all the classrooms yet or where I need to go on each individual day but I feel very shortly that will come! (=
Sport here though really makes me day. I love sport! Unlike at home it is not a joke, but like, you really need to try! The first day we had it we played volleyball. Only then did I discover I had no idea how to play! So, the gym teacher came over and was like.... this is how you do it! I feel that I really improved even though it was still pretty pitiful!
During that time I also got to bond with people who were also not quite the best and even the really awesomely talented people also made my day. AH! Sport, I can not wait. It is just so awesome!!!

During the school day here it is also different because most people bring snacks and eat them between periods. We have plenty of time so perhaps you can go to the cafeteria, and buy yourself a whole baguette! Or a whole sandwich.... a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) slice of pizza! I know, I really should be taking pictures of this stuff. They will come soon enough!
Well, enough for now.
But loving it here!!! (= Even school is super fun.
Tschüsss!

No comments:

Post a Comment