Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Schwarzwald... GOLLY! So much, how to fit it in?



Germany = Amazing, Wonderful, lovely, exquisite, and every happy optimistic word a person can think of. As time goes on blogging becomes more and more difficult. As more time goes on I seem to get busier with school (studying.. oh man!!) hanging with friends, and then.... rotary.
Rotary. Now let me tell you how awesomely amazingly cool it is!
Last week...
SCHWARZWALD. WANDERN WOCHE: ES WAR ECHT COOL.
Basically that translates too... Blackforest, a week of hiking: It was AWESOME. The week began by meeting
23 exchange stude
nts! Why yes, I was included in that number! Woohoo! I almost feel that I am part of a team. Hmm so the first day of that we went hiking around 6 hours. And it was incredible. I think they told us maybe it was something like 15 km and sure, that doesnt sound like a lot but when one just keeps increasing the incline it does get a little more intense. BUT. THE VIEW (and the fun time getting up their of course) MADE IT ALL TOTALLY WORTH IT. From where we stood we could see the Alps! We were even above the clouds! I looked across the horizon and saw where the clouds were, it was kind of a bizarre but totally sweet experience. After seeing that we took a nice long walk down the hill and to lunch! Spaghetti! Yumm! Besides that that entire week consisted of us exchange student eating only...wait for it...... schnitzel and pommes or spatzle and pommes!!!!
pommes = french fries
Schnitzel= does it really need explaining?
Spatzle = Something made from flour... and normally put in some sort of sauce. Difficult to explain!
Then... we went in the trees! I am not sure at all what this is in English but in German we went to a Klettergarten! It consisted of us going to these super hard obstacle courses in the trees (yes, there were safety devices involved) And guess what! I chose to do the hardest one... number 5! It was ridiculous! And.. there were quite a few times that I thought I would quit.. but that would also involve me going back the same way I came and well, I was not having any of that! Hehe, it was a good day! I ended up conquering my fear of heights... which I hadnt quite realised I had until that time... After that... we celebrated by everyone having some German chocolate cake with cherries! There is a special name for that cake but at the moment it evades my mind! Vielleicht Kirschetorte auf Deutsch...
THEN... THEN. WE WENT SWIMMING!!! OH MY GOSH ARE GERMAN SWIMMING POOLS COOL! My love for them is unending! They are almost like a sauna.. actually lies, they do have saunas in them! It was awesome! We went swimming... and well there were so many things to choose! One could choose the louder place and there use swimming boards, go down a huge slide (yes, the one that gets dark then light.. then freaks one out and BOOM at bottom!) Or... one could just chill in the more quiet place and enjoy the salt water while it works at making ones skin all nice and clean... Playing games in the water with other exchange students and taking pictures underwater... also totally priceless! I enjoyed it so much! I cant wait to go again to a swimmbad but this time it may just be strictly for swimming, oh yes... this will be fun!
Lastly while I was there (okay, so maybe not lastly because we did so much I just can not write about it!) we visited a ton of fasnet museums!!! It is basically Karnival and is suppose to be crazy and absolutely a ton of fun! I am already excited! So, ciao from Germany! Loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment