Thursday, September 16, 2010

Picnic, bikes and loviing it!


Germany, oh dear Germany, do I love you!

The last week was awfully busy and filled with excitement!

My host family and I (the last week of summer) decided we would go on an adventure through the wilderness with our bikes! Okay, well maybe not hardcore wilderness but it was going through some fun forest! I really enjoyed it although midway through the bike I was riding kind of broke... which I must tell you was pretty funny! I ended up for a little while sitting on the back of my host sisters bike but then her sister and I switched places! (= .....and after that WE HAD A PICNIC! I love picnics... it was bread, meat that was in a can (it was awesomely tasty but looked like whoa!)

Since then.... school has started. School, the first day was kind of confusing I was looking all over wondering where the heck I had to go! But, the Germans... are AWESOME and whenever I had a question were like so helpful telling me where I needed to go! Oh yes, they did tell me in German! So, I love the way German school systems work. Today I had two periods free... but not like at home... we actually dont have supervising teachers here and can basically do what floats our boat.. so I choose to randomly say hey to people (favorite part of my day!) then we also get long pauses before different classes which is an insane amount of fun! AND we still get out earlier than in USA! Ahhh, I love Germany. Haha, I say that so often and yet, I just can not seem to say it enough!

Random stuff:
1. We normally get to come home from school for lunch!!! That is just so cool! Or, if we are in the school during lunch than we have around an hour and fiften minutes. Makes the 25 at Madison seem ridiculously short. (=
2. We DO NOT have our classes every day! The longest I have a subject I think is 4 periods (=
3. They have bettflasches.... which are basically something that semi looking like a whopee cushion and you put water in it.... then it is really warm and you can keep your feet warm when you sleep... that, makes me happy! (=
4. My english since being here is becoming increasingly worse... I begin speaking Englisch and automatically go to German! Ahhh, confusing! ( =

Anyways, Greetings from across the sea!!! (=
chao! (yes, oftenly said!)

No comments:

Post a Comment